It's May and I haven't been blogging at all for 2 months! It has been a busy 2 months so I figured I would briefly catch up on all the fun that has been going on.
1. Baseball season is still going strong. I love going to the home games and freezing my tail off. Where is the warm weather for crying out loud!?! But really, it has been wonderful watching Austin and the team play at home.
2. Austin's family came to visit for their spring break. We had a huge cheering section filled with Austin's parents, siblings, Aunt Nancy and Uncle Kay, the cousins, and Grandma and Grandpa! (Picture to be added soon) Too bad the weather was absolutely freezing for the home series. The Saturday game ended up getting canceled, so we all spent the afternoon bowling. It was weird having a Saturday with Austin that didn't involve a baseball game. haha. We also had fun eating at the yummy Tucano's with Austin's parents and Julie and I got facials :) One Word: FABULOUS!
3. The next weekend MY family came to town. They were on their way through on a very big road trip for their spring break where they came from Washington, to Idaho, to Utah (provo, zions park, st. george), then Las Vegas, Disneyland, Crater Lake, Yellowstone and Back home to WA! they had a great time, but I'm sure they were exhausted to get back on Sunday and start school/work the next morning.
4. My 5th grade practicum was successfull! I had a wonderful experience in the 5th grade, and was so sad to leave. My cooperating teacher was marvelous and gave me some great feedback and fun ideas to use for my future classroom.. which leads me to the next point.
5. I interviewed for an internship in the Nebo School district, and I got the job!!! I'm going to be a 3rd grade teacher starting at the end of August! I am so so so excited and ready for this amazing opportunity.
6. Came back to school from Practicum at the beginning of April with only 3 weeks left to go, including finals week! It was hard to focus, because it occurred to me that I only had 3 weeks left of college classes and tests forever! I made it through and took my finals with much success! I got the best GPA I've ever had in my career at BYU. (Thank you married life)
7. Played "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" haha. Not really, but I took the PRAXIS which is certification test you have to pass in order to begin teaching. I reviewed a bit beforehand, but I didn't do a lot of studying. So of course, being the paranoid test taker I am, freaked the night before a bit... but it all worked out very well. I passed with flying colors! Nice to know I'm smarter than a 5th grader ;)
7. I like Prince William and Kate Middleton, or "HRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge." I've always had a love for princess stuff. My close friends and family know my secrets :) haha. But, I have enjoyed following this engagement and wedding. It's something fun to tune into and I wish them the best. She is gorgeous.
8. Working woman for the summer. I have two jobs this summer and that's what i will be doing from now until August. Aside from preparing for my classroom and taking a few fun rendezvous (Kelly & Jacob's wedding in June, a day at Lagoon, trip to WA, weekend in St. George with the Hancock's and a 1 yr. anniversary trip with my favorite person in the world).
So that's what the next few months have in store for us. Austin will be taking a Summer class and working baseball camps and umpiring this summer. Now all we need is for some sun to come out and stay for longer than a day.


No comments:
Post a Comment